TALES is “The Alberta League Encouraging Storytelling”
At this year’s 24th Annual “TALES Fort Edmonton Storytelling Festival ” we are featuring 2 workshops that are of great interest to the general public. Please take a look at the details and feel free to forward the info to any of your acquaintances, or any groups you think may be interested… help us spread the word!!!
Workshop leaders are DALE JARVIS & DELF HOHMANN……all the way from Newfoundland!!
- Sunday September 2nd (9-noon): This workshop welcomes musicians and storytellers …it’s an opportunity to explore how stories and music can work together. So if you’re a musician wanting to try something different— or a storyteller wanting to delve in to another artistic medium– this workshop is for you. Be sure to let your musician friends know about this fantastic workshop!
- Labour Day Monday September 3rd (9-noon) This workshop is all about Ghost stories: how to find them, write them & tell them. You’ll be the envy of all the other campers, interpreters, storytellers & the like!
- The workshops will take place in Fort Edmonton Park, Reed’s Bazaar (Tea House).
- The workshops begin promptly at 9:00AM, so please arrive by 8:30AM at registration table to sign-in.
- The workshops are $50 each (each workshop registration fee includes the workshop, admission to visit Fort Edm. Park &/or any of the 4 storytelling venues for the same afternoon).
As of July 1st TALES has the new Festival website: www.storyfestalberta.ca so you will be able to register for the workshops via the website, using PayPal. You don’t need to belong to PayPal to use this function and it is a secure payment site. The website will have complete festival & workshop details 🙂
You can register for the workshops now via TALES, and by sending a cheque the snail mail route.
The workshops are $50 each / cheques payable to the TALES Fort Edmonton Park Storytelling Festival
Mailed to: Marie Anne McLean, 203 Tudor Lane NW, Edmonton, AB T6J 3T5
Complete workshop descriptions and Bios of workshop leaders are available through this link: